Most Active

Help   
  Home

Printing % depreciation in Exactimate estimate
P:  3/6/2010 6:56:06 PM
davidlewin72733

Total Posts: 1
Last Post: 3/6/2010

I have a client that wants the % depreciation printed on the Exactimate estimate in addition to the dollar amount of depreciation. Rather than using an F9 note on each item, does anyone know if there's a report available to accomplish this? Thanks for your input.

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  3/6/2010 6:56:06 PM   |   IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post

There are 7 replies to this message.  There are 7 replies on this page.

P: 3/7/2010 4:09:27 PM
Kevin Hromas

Total Posts: 79
Last Post: 12/15/2010

David,

Not sure about V. 25 but I could not locate a specific report format in V.24 of the final that will show the percentages. Since it sounds like this is a request specific to that client, I would suggest doing something like putting the percentage in ( ) up on the description line at the end and explaining in your captioned report what you are doing. You will only be doing it on depreciable items anyway and not necessrily on every one.

The only other option I could think of would be to add a single attachment at the end of each room where you might say ... The depreciation applicable to each trade shown above is as follows: Drywall - 25%, painting - 50%, finish carpentry- 15%, etc.  You could cut and paste that for the most part if the levels all stay the same.

I would think that the later versions have that as an option. Guess I am going to have to final upgrade my edition.

Good luck and let us know if you find out a different possibility.

Kevin Hromas - JD, RPA, PLCS
EGA - Houston, TX

Kevin Hromas - JD,EGA,RPA,PLCS,WIND Umpire
Houston, TX

www.KevinHromas.com

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  3/7/2010 4:09:27 PM    |    IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post
P: 3/9/2010 9:32:44 AM
Kevin Hromas

David,

It appears that there IS a report format that will do what you are looking for. I am looking at an estimate that was done for Ike in preparation of going out on a re-inspection and it has the format you are looking for.

You actually input the age of the item and the system will auto input the life expectancy (I think) and then calculate the depreciation percentage and dollar amount from that. All of that prints out on the final estimate.

(I think this will convince me to make the switch over to a newer version from 24.)

I would play around with the different format choices in the print screen and see which one this is. Let me know when you find it.

EGA - Houston, TX

Houston, TX

www.KevinHromas.com

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  3/9/2010 9:32:44 AM    |    IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post
P: 3/9/2010 10:03:36 PM
rgpadjustthis

Last Post: 3/9/2010

Open your Xactimate file, hit the print button, and then when the screen comes up for you to print, look for a drop down button, change the print request to first and final, this should do what you need.

Richard G. Phillips

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  3/9/2010 10:03:36 PM    |    IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post
P: 4/2/2010 1:52:56 PM
Kevin Hromas

Well ... I finally updated to Xactimate V.27 from V.24, thinking that would allow me to do what you are looking for. Even sent a direct e-mail question to Support and found out that particular function (showing depreciation based on age/use) is actually a specific client profile and NOT available in the standard format for general usage.

That is actually something they need to add and I have made that suggestion. Maybe it will come out in a patch or update at some point.

Right now it appears that you are out of luck and back to having to manually input the depreciation percentage to show your client.

Executive General Adjuster
Houston, TX

Houston, TX

www.KevinHromas.com

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  4/2/2010 1:52:56 PM    |    IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post
P: 4/2/2010 4:20:10 PM
claimjumper

Last Post: 4/2/2010

I had v.25 and now have 27. Both of them allowed me to input the age and then change depreciation from % to age/use. It automatically calculates the depreciation. I am an independent and just have the standard version.

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  4/2/2010 4:20:10 PM    |    IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post
P: 4/2/2010 4:35:50 PM
Kevin Hromas

Claimjumper,

What David was looking for was the final print-out which would show what the percentages were that the depreciation was being calculated upon. His client wanted that on the estimate apparently.

The system has always calculated the numbers but the default setting you may have set for depreciation can affect how much is applied.

For example, if you have the default set to "Depreciate Materials Only" and apply 50% depreciation, the system will only apply that on the material costs within that particular IC. It might have a miniscule amount of depreciation dollars, even though you have assigned that 50% level.

Executive General Adjuster
Houston, TX

Houston, TX

www.KevinHromas.com

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  4/2/2010 4:35:50 PM    |    IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post
P: 5/20/2010 4:11:39 PM
stacey

Last Post: 5/20/2010

David - we have created a report for any version of Xactimate that shows the % in the Dep column.  Send me an email and I'll put you in touch with the gentleman that helped us.  His business is training folks on XM8.

Revisions : 0   |    Posted:  5/20/2010 4:11:39 PM    |    IP:  Recorded    |    Report this post

Previous Page
Next Page 

Jump to:

Contact Us  |  Back Home  

Ideal BB Version: 0.1.5.3cMessage forum software powered by  the Ideal BB