WE RESPONDED TO A CALL FOR SMOKE IN THE AREA ON COLORADO ST IN A HEAVILY OCCUPIED NEIGHBORHOOD AROUND 1230. WE ARRIVED TO FIND HEAVY FIRE SHOWING ON THE FIRST FLOOR OF A VACANT DWELLING. WE ARE SHORT HANDED THIS DAY, AND ARE WORKING WITH 3 FIREFIGHTERS, AND 2 DRIVERS (BOTH BEING SERGEANT'S). WE ATTEMPTED TO GET THE FRONT DOOR OPEN BUT FAILED, WHICH IS WHY WE WENT THROUGH THE FRONT WINDOW. WE WENT IN INITIALLY ON TANK WATER, BUT A WATER SUPPLY WAS QUICKLY ESTABLISHED. WE HAD A SMALL PROBLEM WITH WATER PRESSURE FOR A FEW MOMENTS. THE FIRE CONSUMED ALL OF THE FRONT ROOM AND EXTENDED INTO ANOTHER LARGE ROOM TO THE RIGHT, AS WELL AS MINOR EXTENSION ON THE SECOND FLOOR. NO FIRE WAS FOUND IN THE ATTIC. OUR INITIAL HOSE LAYOUT WAS A BIT MESSY, BUT ID SAY THAT WAS OUR ONLY HICUP. ONCE THE CHIEF ARRIVED ON SCENE THE OIC TURNED OVER COMMAND AND TOOK OVER PUMP OPPS FREEING UP THE OTHER Sgt TO BRING IN A SECOND LINE. QUICK WORK ON A DECENT FIRE, EVERYONE WENT HOME WITHOUT INJURY. - Go To YouTube
Thursday, June 07, 2012
 
RELATED NEWS ARTICLES
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Claims Yellow Pages
ADD YOUR
BUSINESS


REQUEST A FREE
PRINT DIRECTORY
SEARCH & BROWSE
ALL CATEGORIES
Claims Pages News
Recent Claims News, Articles and Stories
4/18/2014 - Villagers in the Amazon jungle exacted revenge on two motorbike thieves by lashing them to a tree swarming with deadly ants for THREE DAYS. Authorities say the two thieves, aged 18 and 19, nearly died after being stung by the poisonous fire ants in the at
4/18/2014 - A Portland woman whose hair had reached the small of her back since childhood is suing Walmart and a shampoo maker for $10,000, claiming her hair became so tangled after using the product that she was forced to cut most of it off. Jennifer Fahey’s su
4/18/2014 - An errant squirrel caused about $300,000 worth of damage to the new McMillen Community Center set to open June 7. Parks Department officials told parks board members Thursday that on April 1, a squirrel got into the electrical system at the freshly renova
Active Users: 2025
WEBSERVER 1