Westfield is a great place to work for many reasons. You could be one of them.
Westfield Services Inc. is a specialty insurance agency and services firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We are wholly owned by Westfield Group in Westfield Center, Ohio, although we operate independently of our parent company.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Account Representative Commercial Lines Job Summary
Salary Range: $40,519.00-$46,597.00-$52,675.00
The Account Representative Commercial Lines performs customer service duties including answering customer inquiries, communicating/negotiating with Westfield, troubleshooting problems, handling renewals, and offering additional coverages.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Performs a variety of commercial lines customer service duties for agents and clients.
2. Handles a variety of incoming customer calls and emails including the following:
Answering inquiries from customers including coverage questions, policy changes, quotes, billing issues, and other issues.
Taking incoming claims calls and handling appropriately based on type of claim.
Handling certificate requests including related coverage updates, special language requests and underwriting issues.
3. Writes new business as appropriate or refers the lead back to agency.
4. Conducts account reviews periodically. Enhances and strengthens existing accounts as needed with additional coverages.
5. Resolves disputes between customers, Westfield, agencies and others while keeping appropriate parties informed of progress.
6. Works closely with agencies on the following:
Advising agency of critical events, and follows agencys instructions if within guidelines or procedures.
Writing generally simple bonds for customers as needed.
Handling renewals, cancellations and non-renewals with care, legally saving all accounts when possible. Notifies agency if account is unable to be saved.
7. Documents work with appropriate activities in the management system.
8. Serves as a resource to Westfields commercial lines team, whenever possible, and cooperatively responds to underwriting requests for additional customer information.
9. Utilizes Westfield software and resources, agency management system, and software tools as needed to perform tasks and obtain necessary information (e.g. underwriting guidelines, forms, manuals).
10. Shares knowledge of industry updates (carrier changes, market trends, products) and stays informed of state-specific guidelines and requirements (coverages, underwriting rules, procedures, laws). Continues to meet Continuing Education requirements to maintain license.
11. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, agency relationship building and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 1 or more years of experience servicing commercial small business in a non-producing role.
2. Valid Property-Casualty agent license required within 90 days of employment.
3. Experience in a fast-paced, high call/email volume environment with the ability to multi-task.
4. Strong data entry/typing skills.
5. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Strong math skills.
7. Understanding of general business flows, procedures and systems.
8. Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and other standard office automation software packages.
9. Experience handling confidential information.
10. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
11. High school graduate, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.