Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Business Intelligence & Analytics team seeking highly motivated and skilled developer to support Business Insurance Finance. As a Director, Information Delivery, you will work across multiple business units and collaborate with key stakeholders to understand business requirements, collect and analyze data, design solutions and be hands-on in application development. You must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability with the ability to influence and drive results. Experience with IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) or similar business intelligence and data delivery tools such as Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy or Power BI is required. You should be comfortable working with SQL and have strong technical aptitude and business acumen.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops analytic and reporting solutions aligned to defined business requirements.
- Leads solution design within assigned tasks and validates that developed solutions align with defined business requirements.
- Leads prototyping and validate prototypes before production build.
- Manages the production process and support for Information Delivery assets.
- Assists in the development of the strategic plan for Information Delivery including identification appropriate infrastructures, tools and performance requirements.
- Develops an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems. Translates business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and new custom reports. Utilizes a rapid prototyping methodology to perform ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries.
- Performs regular data analysis monitoring to provide prescriptive recommendations based on data. Develops knowledge of Business Intelligence products and tools.
- Develops and own project timelines and plans for assigned projects.
- Provides guidance to less experienced peers.
Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative subject. 7 years of experience in data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- 10 years of general business experience.
- 8 years' experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 8 years' experience coding SQL.
- Experience with modern data visualization tools. These may include, but are not limited to Qlik, MicroStrategy, Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience with industry standard statistical programming languages. These may include, but are not limited to R, Python or SAS.
- Understanding of database structures.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others.
- Must be a team player and able to effectively work with team members located in different locations.
- Demonstrate an ability to tell a story using data.
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate independently to design, develop, and prepare reports. Demonstrated experience leading multi-function teams.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Skills needed for success:
- Extensive experience with full lifecycle business intelligence solution delivery competencies, practices, and components.
- Extensive hands-on experience with data visualization tools such as IBM Planning Analytics (TM1), QlikView, Qlik Sense, MicroStrategy Power BI or Tableau.
- Extensive experience with SQL with the ability to read and write complex queries, views and stored procedures.
- Experience working with relational database applications including Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata, Oracle, and AQT.
- Excellent experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Strategic thinker with ability to make connections across an organization.
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain detailed information to IT and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adept at relationship-building, maintaining effective partnerships, and influencing without formal authority.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Visual Studio SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS, SSRS)
- Experience working with data science programming languages such as R & Python.
Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Business Intelligence certification preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!