Southern General Agency is an insurance company providing non-standard automobile insurance policies in the state of Texas. We have an exciting opportunity for an in-house desk appraiser position. You will be responsible for auditing vehicle damage appraisals from third-party vendors as well as in-bound subrogation demands. Further, this candidate will be responsible for negotiating total loss settlements, managing salvage resolution, pursuing subrogation recovery, and settling in-bound subrogation demands with third party carriers. We are looking for career professionals seeking an opportunity to develop and advance their career with an up and coming insurance company.
- Review third-party vendor vehicle appraisals for accuracy
- Review in-bound subrogation demands and negotiate settlement with other carriers
- Negotiate total loss settlements with Southern General Agency customers
- Manage salvage recovery process
- Pursue subrogation recovery from at fault third parties or their insurance company
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Current, valid Texas Property & Casualty License
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience as an auto Property Damage adjuster. Experience with total loss or subrogation preferred.
- Qualified candidates must have three (3) to five (5) years of auto body property damage appraisal experience, either with a body shop, insurance company or both
- Possesses a positive, service-oriented attitude towards customers, agents, vendors and employees within the company
- Communicates in a clear, professional and courteous manner
- Candidate needs to be self-motived with a desire to learn and advance your career
- Maintains confidentiality on all information obtained in the course of performing job duties
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) helpful but not required
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!