At Seibels, we believe our people are our most important asset. They are the driving force behind our mission and the reason we are able to provide best-in-class services to the property and casualty insurance industry. Our culture is founded upon four core values: collaboration, accountability, respect, and transparency. Upholding this culture and embodying it in all that we do is paramount to the organization and its success.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Claims Examiner II. A remote working arrangement may be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working for an insurance carrier. As a Claims Examiner II, you will be responding accurately, promptly, and courteously to all inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers (i.e. agents, insureds, company representatives, etc.) regarding the company's products or services. You will manage a pending caseload of moderate to the highest severity and complexity property and/or liability homeowner claims in a team environment. Ensures prompt, effective, and courteous handling of all claims to policyholders and claimants.
Some of what you will be doing on a daily basis:
- Claim Assignment: Verifies policy information for accuracy to determine if coverage is in force and applicable on new claims. Develops an investigative action plan to include resolution of coverage issues as required.
- Manages Customer Contact: Ensures timely and professional contact is made with insured, claimants, agents and other parties to include prompt return of phone calls. Contacts or interviews necessary parties to secure additional information such as public adjusters, attorneys, engineers and other vendors.
- Investigation: Evaluates assigned claims on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations for further task assignments and other information as needed for proactive claim handling and final claim disposition. Interprets policy provisions to approve or deny payments applying technical knowledge to effect fair and prompt claim settlements. Determines when cases need to be elevated to a higher level. Presents information in a thorough manner and participates in their discussion when escalated.
- Reserving: Ensures claims are adequately and timely reserved by adjusting reserves or providing reserve recommendations to ensure that reserve activities are consistent with established guidelines.
- Reporting: Prepares large loss reports on claims excess office authority for manager review and escalation. Presents cases and participates in their discussion at claim committee meetings.
- Processing: Reviews new claims, claim payments, reserves on computer system and corrects information as needed by inputting data in a concise, accurate and complete manner. Pays and processes claims within designated authority level. Resolves moderate severity level claims using high service-oriented file handling techniques as defined by established guidelines.
- Negotiation and Settlement: Within assigned authority limits, negotiates and settles claims with policyholders, claimants, public adjusters, attorneys, AOB and other vendors.
- Diary and File Review: Maintains current Diary, Workplan, and Activities via the Guidewire Claim System, updating status once reviewed and/or completed. Ensures all Workplan items are current prior to escalation for authority. Creates a Plan of Action "POL" for outstanding activities at diary review. Ensures reports and other documents are attached to the file timely and named appropriately. Conducts periodic spot checks of claim files not being followed in a regular diary to ensure compliance with internal and external procedures and guidelines.
What would make you an excellent candidate?
- Strong oral and written communication skills used to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Active and attentive listening skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships.
- Ability to interact with others to identify issues/problems and to correct problems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service t include customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities.
- Effective and timely decision-making skills.
- Strong investigative and negotiation skills.
- Ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the homeowner policies and endorsements is critical.
- Attention to detail with a very high level of accuracy.
- 4-year college degree plus 3 to 5 years of property and /or liability (homeowners) claims handling experience, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Adjusters license required in the states in which the position handles, including completing the requisite continuing education requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient knowledge of Estimating software
- Demonstrated knowledge of property insurance contracts and the ability to analyze coverage questions.
- Insurance certificates, courses, or professional designations a plus.
- Construction knowledge preferred.
Position may require evenings and weekends as business dictates.
Seibels has a passion for work and play, recognizing that success is a balance of both personal and professional achievements. For this reason, we offer competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package to all of our employees. Benefits include: Health and dental coverage beings the first day of employment, 401(k )with employer match, Paid Leave and Holidays, free downtown parking, and much more!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!