Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two teachers who saw the need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN). For more information, visit the Horace Mann website at www.horacemann.com
As a leading insurance and financial services company focused on meeting the evolving need of public K-12 teachers, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Life Insurance Claims Specialist I located in Springfield, IL. .
- Support processing of claims for life insurance and retirement products.
- Verify policy information arid prepare file for examiner review for appropriate payment of life and retirement proceeds.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of industry requirements for payment of life insurance and retirement benefits, in accordance with SOP guidelines, state, IRS, FINRA and SEC regulations, claim administration practices and policy/contract provisions.
- Consult with legal and tax business partners in a professional manner regarding claim issues.
- Execute Horace Mann Claims Promise Fulfillment process for agent benefit delivery.
- Knowledge of products, systems, and software including AIMS, VPAS, CK4, VIP Doc View, CSWD, Web
- Transactions, Page Center, Cyberscribe and Microsoft Office.
- Part of a flexible work group to maximize workflow efficiencies and ability to operate in a fast paced, standards driven, customer focused environment, while effectively utilizing telephony and claims administration systems.
- Support complex/advanced projects or tasks
- Strong claims knowledge and claims administration system functionality
- Ability to review, prepare and make recommendations for denial or payment of contestable claims, including preparation for chief underwriting and legal review
- Knowledge to conduct preliminary review and provide recommendation for acceptance or denial of Life Waiver of Premium Claims or Ability to perform 1099 balancing process for death claims Provide input and assist with updates to SOPs, team documents/resources
- Knowledge of multiple lines of business or all transactions in the unit Ability to assist management with quality and audit reviews Benefit approval authority for claim payments up to $100,000 Mentor new employees
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience;
- Insurance and financial services industry experience;
- Ability to communicate complex messages to sophisticated audiences in a diverse range of venues;
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
WHAT WE OFFER:
*Matching 401k plan *Generous vacation policy *Company-wide bonus program *Wellness reimbursement *Heath, dental and vision Coverage *Career development opportunities and continuing education *Competitive compensation
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!