The claims adjuster trainee is an entry-level position that offers an opportunity for individuals interested in an insurance career to be trained and work their way to becoming licensed claims adjusters. This is an opportunity for individuals to join a team of diverse professionals to acquire various valuable skills and knowledge, which they can apply to effectively carry out the responsibilities of their future claims adjuster role.
Adjuster Trainees provide support to Claims Adjusters/Claims Supervisors/Claims Managers within the Property and Casualty Claims Unit by completing the following:
- Take part in an intensive training program, including training in: investigation of claims, recorded statements, file documentation, insurance basics, bodily injury claims, and total losses.
- Initiate investigation on submission of claims by contacting involved parties to perform initial interview regarding the details of their accident
- Prepare, copy and mail required forms and letters
- Obtain official reports as needed
- Participate in team meetings and discussions to develop claim resolution strategies
- Serve as a representative to our clients and business partners. Must maintain exceptional conduct at all times for the enhancement of company image
- Maintain personal contact with various individuals who are relevant to managing of claims, including claimants, risk management personnel, body shops, members of the medical profession and attorneys
- Convey positive attitude and teamwork for optimum provision of services to clients
- Additional duties as deemed necessary and within the realm and scope of level of expertise
- Obtain license and prepare for advancement in adjusting career
- College degree preferred, or four or more years of equivalent work experience
- Willingness and readiness to commit time and energy towards obtaining adjusters license within 30 days of employment
- Remarkable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to think critically and make sound judgement
- Strong investigation skills with exceptional ability to solve problems
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to gain cooperation with individuals
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously
- Great customer service skills
- Strong ability to use computers, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and to learn new systems quickly
- Bilingual is a plus
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!