The Regulatory Law Review Compliance Analyst performs legal research, analysis and assistance on key compliance projects as needed. The position also supports product development and draft plans according to the company needs and strategies. The Regulatory Law Review Compliance Analyst will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more business(es).
- Research and analyze municipal, state and federal laws, regulations and insurance department guidelines (where required) and provide compliance expertise to their applicability to policy contracts, rates and business practices such as but not limited to marketing, advertising, claims, and business operations.
- Draft law analyses that are accurate, clear and concise. Include specific emphasis on regulatory issues most important to the client/business.
- Develop subject matter expertise to provide better interpretation of the laws as well as accurate application to the Assurant products and business types. The analyst as the SME will also assist peer compliance analysis in understanding the product/business issues.
- Assist business using subject matter expertise combined with knowledge or regulatory requirements to develop better product development, product launch, and problem resolution.
- Compose internal documents such as issue instructions and other internal explanatory documents, such as Compliance Bulletins and adhoc law analyses.
- Assist in-house attorneys with legal research and participate on special corporate projects.
- Requires a degree from an ABA approved paralegal program, paralegal certification or plans to obtain certification
- 2+ years of experience in law reviews, compliance, risk management or similar roles
- Understanding and the application of law research and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform duties.
- Excellent project management and time-management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize work activities to accomplish assigned duties under deadline pressure.
- Strong interpersonal ability to effectively support management and interact with senior management, attorney staff, internal employees and external representatives.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple complex tasks expeditiously.
- Knowledge of legal terminology.
- College Degree, English, Journalism, Business
- Experience with OneSumX or Insource applications
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!