Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Are you someone that has a passion for Business Intelligence & Analytics solutions? Do you enjoy being part of a high performing, agile and collaborative team? Business Insurance Finance Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) team has an exciting opportunity for a Consultant of Information Delivery.
In this role, you will work across multiple business units and take part in functional transformation and system related initiatives by collaborating with key stakeholders to understand business requirements, analyze data across multiple sources and assemble data for delivery and development of Business Intelligence applications. You should have intermediate technical skills and be comfortable working with SQL and business intelligence and data delivery tools such as Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy or Power BI. Experience with IBM Planning Analytics (TM1), Python or R are a major plus.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops analytic and reporting solutions aligned to defined business requirements.
- Completes root cause analysis of production defects.
- Analyzes data sets using SQL Management Studio and visualization tools.
- Compiles and verifies data utilized for periodic scheduled reporting.
- Develops an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and new reporting solutions.
- Utilizes a rapid prototyping methodology to perform ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries.
- Performs regular data analysis monitoring to provide prescriptive recommendations based on data.
- Develops knowledge of several Business Intelligence products and tools.
Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative subject. 1 year of data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- 4 years of general business experience.
- 2 years' experience working with MS Office with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 2 years' Experience coding SQL. Experience with modern data visualization tools.
- These may include, but are not limited to Qlik, MicroStrategy, Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience with industry standard statistical programming languages. These may include, but are not limited to R, Python or SAS. Understanding of database structures.
- Demonstrated intermediate written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others.
- Must be a team player and able to effectively work with team members located in different locations.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Skills needed for success:
- Experience with full lifecycle business intelligence solution delivery competencies, practices, and components.
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tools such as IBM Planning Analytics (TM1), QlikView, Qlik Sense, MicroStrategy Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience with SQL with the ability to read and write complex queries, views and stored procedures.
- Experience working with relational database applications including Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata, Oracle, and AQT.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Strategic thinker with ability to make connections across an organization.
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain detailed information to IT and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adept at relationship-building, maintaining effective partnerships, and influencing without formal authority.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Visual Studio SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS, SSRS)
- Experience working with data science programming languages such as R & Python.
Requires extended periods of computer use. Requires extended periods of sitting.
Licensing or Certificates
Business Intelligence certification preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!