Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in driving strategic engagements across Technology & Operations. Under general supervision, this role will provide consulting, analytic and program management support to business leaders in the development and execution of major projects and initiatives to enable achievement of business plans. The role will collaborate and engage with functional and project leads to develop and execute plans. This role may also function as the project lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform research and current state analysis: define challenges and pain points.
- Perform moderately complex strategic analysis and business analysis.
- Lead planning activities for strategic engagements, including integrated plans, resources and budgets.
- Oversee and manage the execution of complex initiatives to ensure engagement objectives and deliverables are met within defined scope, schedule and budget.
- Provide facts and analysis to assist the leadership team in solving complex problems.
- Assist in building the storylines and presentations to communicate current & future state gap analysis and recommendations.
- May facilitate business meetings with the leadership team, and/or assist in preparing agendas and content for meetings.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure expectations are clearly understood and met.
- Manage transitioning from project activities to business-as-usual operations at the end of each engagement.
- 3 years business experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of property casualty insurance.
- Strong understanding of insurance industry and market dynamics.
- Experience leading complex and large-scale initiatives.
- Proven ability to develop and foster strong relationships and navigate the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead and influence others without direct authority, including senior leadership.
- General knowledge of technology trends.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - ability to connect the dots and strong storytelling capability.
- Project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Influence, negotiation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong collaborator, works with input from diverse teams (strong group thinking).
- Intermediate ability to interact and manage in a highly matrixed organization.
- Able to work and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Curious and eager learner.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently.
- Excellent client management skills - ability to interact with senior management, demonstrate client empathy, relationship management, etc.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects across a range of subjects and departments.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!