Flood Service Specialist 1 Job Summary
Salary Range: $36,425.00-$47,352.00
Location: Columbus, OH
Provides marketing, sales, and service support for Westfield Flood. Provides information, direction, and advises both internal and external customers on smaller and less complex flood policies and flood insurance program details. Typically, manages flood accounts under 3 buildings and/or $10,000 in annual premium.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides marketing, sales, and support services to agents, customers, and employees. Typically, manages flood accounts under 3 buildings and/or $10,000 in annual premium.
2. Responds to agents questions via telephone, email, or other communication systems. Provides information, direction, and advises both internal and external customers on less complex flood policies and flood insurance.
3. Provides clerical support and quotes to internal customers.
4. Troubleshoots technical issues as well as policy issues that arise with agents or customers.
5. Maintains an operating knowledge of specific coverage forms, automation systems, eligibility requirements, legislation changes, and program details/laws.
6. Maintains knowledge of developments in agency technology, coverage issues, and market trends.
7. Works with leaders to expand agency growth numbers and meet overall flood goals.
8. Works with leaders to grow and expand the flood marketing activities.
9. Works with flood processing vendor, leadership, and agents to maximize growth of the WSI Flood program.
10. Attends company and industry training/networking functions as appropriate.
11. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum 1 year of experience in insurance, customer service, or related field.
2. Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Property-Casualty Insurance License within 90 days of employment.
3. Experience working in and handling a high call volume and fast-paced environment.
4. Understanding of workflows and procedures from past work experience.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
6. Working knowledge and skills in the areas of business English, spelling, math, reading, and business communications.
7. Experience handling confidential information.
8. Experience maintaining effective work relationships.
9. High School diploma, GED, or commensurate experience.
10. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, headset, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to read and comprehend a standard-type document.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.