This position will support North-Western part of NC including Avery, Ashe, Wilkes and Watauga Counties. If you are chosen, you must live in this area or willing to relocate.
1. Promptly and effectively handles to conclusion all assigned claims with little to no direction and oversight. Makes decisions within delegated authority as outlined in company policies and procedures. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct consistent with the delivery of superior service.
2. Determines proper policy coverages and applies best claims practices to conclude assigned cases in accordance with company guidelines. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct while providing delivery of superior claims service.
3. Opens, closes and adjusts reserves in accordance with company practices designed to ensure reserve adequacy. Recommends Special Reserves where necessary. In accordance with Corporate Reserving Guidelines. Adheres to file conferencing notification and authority procedures.
4. Maintains current knowledge of insurance and applicable product/services; court decisions which may impact the claims function; current guidelines in the claims function; and policy changes and modifications. This may require attendance at various seminars and/or training sessions.
5. Maintains current knowledge of local industry repair procedures and local market pricing.
6. Submits severe incident reports, reinsurance reports and other information to claims management as needed.
7. Partners with SIU and Subrogation to identify fraud and subrogation opportunities. Assists or prepares files for suit, trial, or subrogation. (Property/MD/Casualty).
8. Initiates and conducts follow-ups via proficient use of the claims systems and other related business systems.
9. Delivers a positive On-Your-Side customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective Nationwide customers.
10. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct while providing delivery of superior claims service.
11. Other duties as assigned.