At Liberty Mutual, we deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. We are currently leading a digital disruption that is redefining how people experience insurance. Our passion for placing our customers and employees at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift both at our company and in our trillion-dollar industry.
As a Scrum Master II at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment at a Fortune 100 company that is consistently named a top 100 Best Places to Work in IT by IDG Insider Pro and Computerworld. You will work within a product team to develop customer-centric digital software products from idea to production and collaboratively with engineering managers and scrum masters to continually refine our command or Agile and to realize continuous improvement opportunities.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment, across different roles, with a strong desire to drive positive change as we continually grow and improve our agility.
In this role, you would:
- Be a servant leader on a Scrum team who delivers solutions to millions of customers
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies to enable the team to realize and experience the optimal benefits of Scrum
- Identify and effectively apply which stance (coach, mentor, teach) would benefit the team the most depending upon the situation/circumstances present
- Collaborate and solve problems together with engineering managers, scrum masters and development teams
- Be eager to share your expertise
- Assess the Agile/Scrum maturity of the team & enable the team to reach higher levels of maturity.
- Guide the scrum team on how to leverage Scrum and Agile to continually improve team performance, teaching when necessary to equalize varying levels of understanding
- Observe & provide consistent, impactful feedback for team Agile development
- Recognize Scrum or Agile antipatterns and take action to facilitate the team in recovering from antipatterns
- Partner with the team engineering manager to shield the team from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity
- Manage interdependencies between teams in collaboration with scrum masters and product owners
- Work with Product Owners and other SMs to support release planning, backlog and team health, and cross-team communication
- Anticipate and take initiative to remove impediments to team delivery
- Foster close cooperation across all team members; encourages cross-training and team support
- Promote the use of/experimentation with quality/engineering practices (BDD, TDD, Pairing, CI/CD, etc.)
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems may be raised without fear of reprisal
- Administer metrics tracking and other duties on behalf of the team
- Mentor less-experienced Scrum Masters and other Lean-Agile leaders. Actively seek coaching & mentoring from more experienced SMs & coaches on Lean-Agile concepts and methods.
- Take an active role in the transition to & implementation of a scaling framework, with guidance from peer SMs and Agile Coaches.
- Stay current with Agile industry trends & explore other perspectives by consuming external media, & actively participating in internal/external Scrum/Agile events. Act as a catalyst to the SM community & in the organization by sharing ideas.
This role might be for you if you:
- Have a minimum of 7 years of experience as a scrum master working in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies or have scrum master experience and Agile or Lean transformation experience
- Understand software development and relevant domains/products/journeys typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Have knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Are able to coach a team and stakeholders on Agile values, principles, and practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology
- Enjoy solving problems and are able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills
- Communicate clearly and have the ability to deliver complex messages and teach new concepts.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential
- Are motivated and driven, and have the ability to influence and drive teams to success using Agile/scrum/Lean practices
- Working knowledge or experience with Lean and theoretical or practical understanding of continuous improvement from a Lean perspective is highly desired
We believe you should happy both at work and in life. That's why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Career development programs and classes
- Diversity Equity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
At Liberty Mutual, we deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. We are currently leading a digital d
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!