Senior Litigation Analyst, Commercial
Hallmark Financial is a specialty property and casualty insurance holding company with a diversified portfolio of insurance products written on a national platform. With six insurance subsidiaries and offices in Dallas, San Antonio, Chicago, Jersey City and Atlanta, Hallmark Financial markets, underwrites and services over $650 million annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark Financial is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
The Litigation Analyst (the analyst) is expected to investigate and adjust excess casualty claims arising out of policies issued by Hallmark underwriting entities. The analyst will investigate and adjust 1st and 3rd party commercial excess casualty claims (the claims). Such claims will be handled by the analyst from first notice of loss through resolution; and the claims will be of light to severe complexities and value. The analyst, within their commensurate level of authority, will be expected to investigate, analyze and resolve all aspects of the adjusting process for each claim assigned to them including, but not limited to, coverage, liability, damage evaluations, and resolution. The analyst should have experience in the handling of a broad range of commercial excess casualty claims. The analyst must have requisite coverage experience with commercial GL and excess casualty policies and forms.
- Responsible for the handling and adjustment of commercial excess casualty claims.
- Proactive claims adjustment and management pursuant to established claims handling guidelines regarding coverage, investigation, liability, damages, evaluation and resolution.
- Establish reserves pursuant to established reserving protocols and reserve authority procedures, where appropriate.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to claims arising from commercial GL and excess casualty lines of business underwritten by Hallmark underwriting entities.
- Possesses a broad understanding of commercial GL and excess casualty policy(s) language/coverage.
- Manage subrogation claims pursuant to established company procedures and processes
- Maintain and utilize the Hallmark Vendor databases and Guidelines and update when appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate state adjuster licenses; and maintain annual required CE credits.
- Perform general office administrative tasks as required.
- Complete loss reports, as required.
- Decisive and purposeful.
- Strong moral character and work ethic.
- Strong leadership traits and skills.
- Independent and self starting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to show initiative, exhibit a "can do" attitude, and provide ideas while working within a team environment.
- Ability to successfully manage a high volume case load.
- Ability to effectively negotiate; and use stated adjuster authority efficiently.
- Ability to simplify, analyze and explain complex coverage and legal issues.
- Ability to be able to review processes and determine opportunities for improvement.
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5-10 years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university. Juris Doctorate preference although not essential.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office, Word, Power Point, and Excel expertise.
- Business travel as required.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!