BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Small Business Product Manager Job Summary
The Small Business (SB) Product Manager will have both country-wide Profit and Loss (P/L) accountability for a specific small business product line(s) as well as geographic P/L accountability for all small business product lines across assigned states. This position will report to the Head of Product Management and work in close partnership with other functional areas to establish and drive product strategy across the organization.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Responsible for both country-wide P/L accountability for a specific small business product line(s) as well as geographic P/L accountability for all small business product lines across assigned states.
2. Achieves underwriting profit and growth objectives through product, pricing, underwriting, and other actions in close partnership with cross-functional team members.
3. Works with the senior leadership team and key stakeholders to develop a multi-year customer-centric product strategy for assigned product(s).
4. Communicates the product vision and value proposition to the distribution organization so that the product is properly positioned to customers and agents.
5. Aggressively monitors countrywide growth/mix/loss results (and across product lines for assigned states) to ensure early identification, diagnosis and response to changing trends.
6. Acquires market and competitive intelligence and maintains a robust knowledge of emerging trends to effectively compete in a rapidly changing environment (shares that knowledge with the organization).
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 7+ years of P/C industry experience.
2. 5+ years of P/C product management and/or actuarial experience.
3. Strong analytical skills to make timely, appropriate decisions and recommendations after reviewing all relevant information.
4. Proven problem-solving capability and leadership skills.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
6. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team (at all levels of the organization) to achieve desired results.
7. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
8. Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to plan and execute independently.
9. Experience working across multiple distribution channels.
10. Experience working within an Agile environment.
11. Bachelors degree OR commensurate experience.
12. Valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record that conforms to company.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.