Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Business Insurance Loss Analytics is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the General Liability and Professional team. Responsibilities for this position include General Liability loss reserve analyses for Small Commercial business units, ownership of analytic and diagnostic tools, and leading or supporting strategic initiatives for GL/Professional lines of business. The individual who fills the role will partner closely with Claim and Business Unit actuaries to arrive at actuarially sound IBNR, with the goal of effectively influencing business unit leadership in making data driven decisions.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate on strategic projects with execution responsibility for assigned project sub-components.
- Recommend and execute solutions for assigned project to resolve challenges of an initiative.
- Execute work thoughtfully and efficiently as a team member to improve project team performance and timelines.
- This position may participate on cross-unit and Enterprise initiatives.
- Independently refresh actuarial and analytic analyses, perform new analysis with guidance, and begin to apply judgment.
- Support and begin to drive components of unit initiatives.
- Begin to take accountability for process efficiencies within assignments.
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives across the Enterprise within the scope of influence.
- Communicates progress, findings and results to manager and peers.
- Communicates technical topics to primary working group.
- Actively participates in group discussions.
- Provides formal written communication such as memos or presentations with supervision.
- May be a mentor or resource for less experienced analytic talent within assigned Segment.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Support various training and skill development initiatives across assigned Segment and the Enterprise.
- May provide support for recruiting efforts and candidate talent assessment efforts.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 3 or more Actuarial exams preferred.
- College degree in STEM related field.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office), basic programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS).
- 2+ years of quantitative analysis experience preferred.
- Developing understanding of insurance products and industry.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Development of Leading Self, exhibiting self-awareness and seeking opportunities to learn while also starting to manage ambiguity.
- Initial development of Leading Others, including mentoring/training team members.
- Initial development of Leading the Business, including being a positive member of the Enterprise culture.
- Has an understanding and knowledge of a few basic key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
- Able to effectively utilize this business knowledge in developing analytic solutions.
- Has a foundational perspective of certain areas of the industry and developing trends such as: technology, analytic methodology, products and performance of competitors.
- Is familiar with a couple other key business drivers and disciplines.
- Begin to develop professional business relationships across the BI&AA community within Segment.
- Generate and solicit ideas.
- Able to use appropriate tools to compile and analyze data effectively.
- Perform basic-level analytics working more independently and effectively with awareness of materiality and reasonability, foreseeing more next steps.
- May perform technical review of unit work product.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!