At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This position is a senior engineer role within Northwestern Mutual's Identity and Access User Provisioning team, with a focus on leading the design, development and deployment of user lifecycle processes within our enterprise IGA platform. This individual will be looked upon as a leader on the team and will guide the team on best practices, keeping up with industry trends and ensuring our technology platform can meet the needs of our people and process demands.
- Works with minimal supervision on large, complex IAM User Provisioning/IGA projects; often providing direction to others on team.
- Is a leader within the IAM User Provisioning Team with the expectation to guide and mentor more junior members. This includes overseeing the work performed by junior engineers, mentoring their technical educational activities, freely sharing knowledge and testing techniques.
- Contributes to the innovation of software development within IAM domain.
- Consults on right-sizing decisions, software solutions, and services.
- Recognized as having expert knowledge within the applicable IAM Domain
- Accountable for building, managing, and maintaining Identity and Access related security tools and the infrastructure required to support them. Focus on designing and implementing automation to aid the team in creating efficiencies.
Metrics: Accountable for working with select team members to track, monitor, and report testing results in a meaningful way so that risk-based security metrics are delivered to the enterprise.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
4-5 years of professional experience required
Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Experience in the following domains: Identity Governance Administration and User Provisioning
- 3+ years direct experience in Sailpoint IdentityIQ development
- Experience in the following domains is preferred: directory services (AD/LDAP/virtual directory management), SSO and federation, MFA administration, PKI, PAM
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Strong ability to align and mature to security practices.
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our clients interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!