Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. This position is a Sr. Software Engineer within the Common Services Software Engineering team. Sr. Software Engineers within Common Services are multi-disciplinary leaders that provide input and guidance on the architecture of our software stack, mentor other members of the team, and participate in the full software development lifecycle. The applications that this team develops have insight into and management capabilities for the entire IT infrastructure at Travelers and are utilized by multiple groups and business areas inside the organization.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
On this team, you will
- Utilize modern development methodologies to create and update both responsive and reactive web applications
- Develop back-end services that have insight, visibility, and management capabilities into the entire Travelers IT infrastructure
- Coach and mentor other team members on advanced development topics, such as parallelism, control inversion, and service decoupling
- Have input into the overall architecture of systems that this team designs
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in Technology or a related field preferred. 5 years of experience in Technology preferred. Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred. Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate will have experience with at least one of the following languages or frameworks:
The ideal candidate will also have experience in:
- Relational database design, in a system such as PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle, or similar
- Design of software architecture in both monolithic and micro service based architectures
- Client and server side debugging
Weekend work hours (Frequency) DOJ Overnight work hours (Frequency) DOJ Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Frequency) DOJ
Operates standard office equipment (Frequency) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.