Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Under moderate supervision, the Tax Consultant performs moderately complex professional tax functions within Corporate Tax. Prepares and compiles reasonably complex tax provisions and filings, and performs related tax research. This position does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation, compilation and processing of moderately complex tax returns, supporting schedules, forms and worksheets.
- Analyze and maintain tax records and perform account reconciliations.
- Assist on special projects and in the maintenance of various tax systems.
- Contribute to analysis of tax provisions, business changes and corporate restructuring. This includes making recommendations and performing moderately complex research and related assignments.
- Utilize appropriate tools to obtain data necessary to support tax calculations, tax payments and related journal entries.
- Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data from internal systems, Statutory Annual Statement, and other financial documents.
- Assist on tax audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of relevant corporate tax experience is required or a minimum of two years of public accounting tax experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of tax concepts required.
- Basic knowledge of computer application software, particularly spreadsheets required.
- Intermediate time management skills required.
- Basic project management skills required.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- A Bachelors' degree in accounting or finance preferred.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequently)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently)
- Standing (Occasionally)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!