A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance Your Underwriting Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company
Underwriting Specialist, Healthcare Practices - National Insurance Specialty
NIS Healthcare Practice is a new unit within NI Specialty that will focus on mid-sized and large healthcare providers. As part of this specialized unit, you will write Workers Compensation, Auto and General Liability for all program structures. You will collaborate closely with partners in Loss Control, RQA, and Claims to build expertise in the healthcare industry and profitably grow the vertical.
- Develops, grows, and maintains a profitable, diversified book of business through effective underwriting decision making, mutually beneficial agent/brokers relationships, and application of underwriting tools, systems, and expert resources. Guides/mentors less experienced underwriters in their respective area of expertise.
- Risk Selection: evaluates opportunities by qualifying accounts; identifying, selecting and assessing risks; determining the premium, policy terms and conditions; obtaining approvals; creating/presenting the proposal to the agent/broker and successfully negotiating deals.
- Agent/Broker Relationships: Responsible for production underwriting by marketing to a geographic territory, targeting healthcare accounts with revenues greater than $10M.
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents and Brokers objectives through successful negotiations. Develops and maintains the relationship through responsive service, site visits, in person renewal meetings or enhanced knowledge of their customers' businesses.
- Portfolio Management: Manages a sizable and complex book of business by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for improved growth, profit and diversification, and executing marketing plans to increase market share with preferred brokers. Uses pricing models as tools and guidance while tailoring price to risk, quality, and coverage terms to ensure portfolio profitability.
- Service Value Proposition: Understands and articulates the specialized services Liberty Mutual can offer our healthcare insureds and how they compare to those provided by our competitors.
- Documenting the Deal: Documents files in a way that reflects a solid thought process and decision making through comprehensive account reviews, sign-offs and referrals.
- Leadership: Formally guides, mentors, and coaches underwriters in both technical and professional skills. Demonstrates an area of expertise and provides regular updates to other underwriters.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively participates in continuous improvement by fully engaging in daily huddles, generating suggestions, following appropriate procedures and work principles, participating in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team.
- Advanced-level knowledge of insurance products/coverage, market segments and marketplace; insurance finance and actuarial concepts; loss control/risk engineering; marketing/selling techniques, regulatory environment.
- Advanced-level knowledge of underwriting, pricing, risk selection, territory management.
- Ability to apply underwriting/appetite, tools, systems, and resources to achieve goals, solve complex problems, establish and build healthy working relationships, lead mentoring relationships, and negotiate.
- Bachelor's degree; 5 to ten years of commercial lines underwriting experience preferred; CPCU or professional insurance designation preferred.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!