Assurant has an opening for a Unit Manager for the Duluth, GA, Springfield, OH OR Florence, SC facility.
The Unit Managers at Assurant Plans, organizes, leads, controls and coordinates the day-to-day activities of associates involved in providing services in the area of hazard outsourcing.
Customer Care: These Units are responsible for inbound customer calls and outbound calls as needed to resolve customer issues/complaints, correspondence, tasks, web workflow and client escalated referrals.
- Participates in the development of short/long term goals and plans for work group
- Solicits guidance from manager on best course of action for issues identified in work group
- Insures that controls exist to monitor existing performance for all department assignments, and managing financial risk to the clients and Assurant by effectively managing controls to prevent losses and poor customer support.
- Communicates appropriately departmental performance
- Insures appropriate/available tools, supplies and facilities exist for all associates in department, that are necessary to perform core functions and responsibilities
- Consistently enforces all corporate/operational/departmental policies and values
- Provide coaching and direction to all associates within department that promote continued improvement in performance.
- Enforce all key performance indicators that measure productivity and quality standards associated with department functions and tasks.
- Investigate and appropriately resolve all complaints associated with performance of individual(s), department and/or operational tasks. Identify root cause, implement controls to prevent/minimize future occurrences.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve department/operational objectives within assigned areas.
- Maintains individual and group reports/data that explain departmental and individual performance including (but not limited to) attendance, work hours, productivity and support staffing models.
- Able to negotiate through differences in a productive manner that resolve issues impacting areas in and outside of assigned department/work group.
- Resolve personnel issues in an appropriate manner and supporting HR policies.
- Recruit best possible candidates with skills and experience needed to support departmental functions.
- Leverage high performing associates to support critical roles within work group.
- Align staff resources and skills to support functions in department.
- Provide appropriate incentives and rewards that promote excellence and achievement.
- Solicit feedback from appropriate resources for continued improvement in self-development/learning.
- Participate in client meetings/updates and provide all necessary information within the time line agreed upon.
- Able to maintain service levels for specific functions within span of control.
- Is able to maintain a variety of service level objectives within span of control.
- Continually challenge staff to improve/increase skills and operational knowledge.
- Insures that controls exist to monitor changes in processes designed to address issues and highlight progress.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve. Department/operational objectives that are within work groups.
- Solicits and/or offers assistance to work groups outside of span of control without jeopardizing service levels to assigned department.
- Participate with analysis and resolution of operational problems, process improvements that cover other areas outside of span of control.
- Insure Account Executives (AE) are updated with any changes involving assigned client.
- Associates degree and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- Two to three years of supervisory experience required. Experience in
- Mortgage servicing, customer service, retail banking or hazard processing is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of human resource policies and procedures.
- Basic workflow management tools.
- Well developed interpersonal skills promoting team participation with assigned staff.
- Motivational methods to improve and develop assigned staff.
- Ability to engage co-workers and peers in cross-functional teams.
- Multi-task and perform to multiple goals/objectives.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!