Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This group is tasked to build a world-class customer-centric experience that will have measurable impact on top-line performance. The Enterprise Customer Experience (ECX) program focuses on 4 areas: (1) Journey Transformation (2) Segmentation, (3) Culture and (4) Voice of the Customer (VOC) Metrics & Analytics. The Head of Strategic Segmentation will use his or her expertise to develop and apply customer segmentation and needs assessment frameworks across Travelers' business units in support of long-term revenue growth. The Vice President of Segmentation will report to the Head of Enterprise Customer Experience and work with leaders in Marketing, Sales, Product Management, and Finance across Travelers to build best-in-class segmentation for Travelers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Defining and developing a segmentation framework that provides insight at the corporate level to inform overall brand marketing as well as segmentation frameworks for each business unit to provide the strategies and tactics needed to drive CX design and implementation; the business unit level segmentation structures should roll-up to the corporate brand level to ensure connectivity and synergy between the master brand and business units; applying relevant analyses to identify well-defined, quantified, and unique customer segments on which Travelers can drive revenue growth.
- Partnering with business stakeholders and marketers to develop strategies to target each customer segment, based on their value, demographics/firmographics (in the case of commercial insurance), needs and attitudes, and other relevant characteristics; help set penetration goals for strategic segments and influence marketing plans and CX strategy to achieve these.
- Improving Travelers' understanding of customers, prospects and users to improve our products and services, and engage customers better through multiple media, sales opportunities and channels.
- Defining the most strategically important top customers across Travelers and ensuring adequate cross-company plans are in place to influence and target them.
- Assessing the impact of each initiative based on marketing performance, target customer penetration, product performance, and user experience.
- Building basic capabilities across Travelers around customer analytics and segmentation.
- Training business unit teams on how to execute and implement segmentation and analytics models.
- Creating a customer-centric culture of using data modeling to drive decision making.
- Championing changes and adoption of more sophisticated ways of understanding customers, users and markets.
- Defining and managing important internal and external data sources and systems, defining key structures and relationships between accounts and business units.
- Developing frameworks to safeguard data integrity and quality.
- Developing segments and other modeling techniques and defining strategy for testing and applying segmentation and commercial models.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 10 years working in Customer Experience related fields.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
5+ Years of experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm. Proven experience and execution record running segmentation programs and implementing results from those programs, resulting in revenue growth. Fluent with market research and statistical analysis. Experience with CRM methodologies and tools and data warehousing. Experience in partnering with key vendors and thought leaders to deliver world-class segmentation results. Solid understanding of customer profiles, industry segments, and product offerings.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Drives for Results: ability to make rapid self-driven progress against specific agenda items; analytically-curious; delivers to high standard of quality and thoughtfulness; comfortable with taking decisions with incomplete data. Track record delivering measurable improvements to complex, large-scale marketing automation programs. Champions change: ability to identify and secure resources for the program from across the company. Able to build consensus and deal constructively with disagreements. Takes changing markets in their stride and pushes Travelers to adapt accordingly. Builds relationships and influences people: experience managing or playing a major role in cross-functional projects. Experience in consulting and project management dealing with multiple stakeholders and complex structures in an agile way. A proven team player who is able to forge lasting connections with a diverse group of colleagues. Strategic thinker: Significant experience in business unit and/or corporate strategy; ability to conceptualize business problems, execute solutions, and present findings in a simple manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!