Candle in freezer blamed for Hampton, NH, fire

 Thursday, July 26, 2012

 boston.com

Hampton fire officials say a candle being used to defrost a freezer started a fire that damaged a beachside hotel and apartment complex. The Portsmouth Herald reports that an occupant of the apartment left the candle burning unattended when he left his apartment at Jonathan’s on the Oceanfront hotel and apartments on Ocean Boulevard. The building’s fire alarm was activated just after 9 a.m. Tuesday and its sprinkler system extinguished most of the blaze within minutes.
Property
FIND SERVICE PROVIDERS
1,000,000+ COMPANY LISTINGS
WEEKLY CLAIMS POLL

What do you like most about your work?