Toddler dies from E. coli after trip to county fair

 Tuesday, October 16, 2012

 CNN US

The number of cases of E. coli stemming from a county fair in North Carolina has grown to 38, including one child who died, the state’s department of health said Monday. More than 165,000 people attended the Cleveland County Fair, which ended October 7. Eight people have been hospitalized for E. coli infections. Two-year-old Gage Lafevers of Bessemer City died Friday, CNN affiliate WBTV reported. There are more than 700 strains of the bacteria E. coli. Although most of them are harmless, some can cause serious problems by attacking the intestinal tract. Contracting certain forms of E. coli can lead to diarrhea, nausea, dehydration and in some cases, death.
Liability
FIND SERVICE PROVIDERS
1,000,000+ COMPANY LISTINGS
WEEKLY CLAIMS POLL

What concerns you most about the future of the industry?