Ala. family escapes early morning house fire

 Thursday, November 7, 2013

 FOX 10

A family of six is homeless after an early morning fire. Mobile Firefighters were called out to 113 Bishop Wilmer Drive, off Hurtel Street, around 3:30am Thursday morning, November 7th. A woman and her five children, ages 10, 11, 12, 14, and 16 were inside the home when the fire broke out. The 16-year-old discovered the fire and alerted the rest of the family and all escaped unharmed. The fire appears to have originated in the kitchen around the stove area. According to the mother, she lit a cigarette from a burner on the stovetop. There was a pan of grease sitting on the stove top that had been used previously to cook something. The mother told investigators she couldn’t remember if she turned the burner off or not. Investigators believe the burner was left on thus heating the grease and causing the fire to occur.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES

Buffalo Crews Combat Early Morning House Fires

 Wednesday, September 23, 2015

 WIVB

Firefighter’s Home Gutted By Early Morning Blaze

 Wednesday, December 3, 2014

 The Boston Globe

Florida Home Destroyed in Early Morning Fire

 Tuesday, October 28, 2014

 News-Press

Family of 5 Escapes South Carolina House Fire

 Wednesday, October 8, 2014

 FOX Carolina

Family Escapes New Jersey House Fire

 Monday, August 11, 2014

 The Record

Early morning fire destroys several buildings in Lindon

 Friday, February 8, 2013

 heraldextra.com