Discarded Smoking Material Caused Massive House Fire

 Tuesday, December 2, 2014

 Record-Journal

Five adults and one child will be displaced after a fire heavily damaged a house on Britannia Street Monday afternoon. Thick, black smoke poured from the rear of 291 Britannia St. about noon on Monday as firefighters worked to put out a two-alarm fire. Fire heavily damaged the back porch of the three-story multi-family building. Deputy Fire Chief David Bowen said someone called 911 about noon. The home is directly behind the Engine Company 4 firehouse, but the company was out responding to another fire call at the time, Bowen said.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES