Home Depot Sued After Product Causes Port Matilda House Fire

 Thursday, January 11, 2018

 Centre Daily Times

Home Depot has been sued for more than $123,000 by an insurance company after one of its products allegedly caused a fire that damaged a Port Matilda family’s home. State Farm recently filed the lawsuit, which revolves around a malfunctioning Martha Stewart Christmas tree, in the Court of Common Pleas of Centre County. Joseph and Kristin Price, of Port Matilda, holders of a State Farm policy that covered their property, bought a Martha Stewart Christmas tree, which was sold by Home Depot. The tree was plugged into a wall outlet in the living room of the family’s home on Dec. 26, 2015, when the plug malfunctioned and caused a fire, according to the lawsuit.
PropertySubrogation
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES

Fire rips through vacant home, damages two others in Oregon

 Wednesday, May 28, 2014

 http://www.kptv.com/story/25631968/fire-rips-through-vacant-home-damages-two-others-in-greshamTV

Murrieta, Calif. house fire causes $1 million damage

 Tuesday, December 24, 2013

 The Press-Enterprise

No more lead time

 Saturday, December 25, 2010

 House & Home

Insurance Won’t Pay for Damage from Fire Engine

 Tuesday, October 26, 2010

 FireHouse.com

FIND SERVICE PROVIDERS
1,000,000+ COMPANY LISTINGS
WEEKLY CLAIMS POLL

How far have you traveled for deployment?