5/14/2022 10:07:00 AM until 5/15/2022 8:00:00 AM EXPIRED
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads.
FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 115 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of south central Kentucky, including the
following county, Rockcastle.
* WHEN...Until 115 PM EDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 1006 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the advisory area. Between 1 and 2 inches of rain
- Additional rainfall amounts up to 1 inch are expected over
the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Mount Vernon, Sinks, Pine Hill, Withers, Donaro, Flat Rock,
Sand Hill, Gauley, Dudley Station, Orlando, Burr, Jep Hill,
Wellhope, Robinet, Cooksburg, Horse Lick and Livingston.