5/14/2022 9:58:00 AM until 5/18/2022 4:00:00 AM EXPIRED
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Caution is urged when walking near riverbanks.
River forecasts are based on current conditions and rainfall
forecasted to occur over the next 24 hours. During periods of
flooding...Evening forecasts are reissued with updated rainfall
Observed and forecasted stage data plots are available on our
Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service web page at...
Under the Current Conditions section...Select River and Lakes AHPS.
The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Black River At Pocahontas affecting Randolph County.
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Black River At Black Rock affecting Jackson, Independence and
...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* WHERE...Black River At Pocahontas.
* WHEN...Until early Wednesday morning.
* IMPACTS...At 17.0 feet, Agricultural lands along the river east
and south of Pocahontas will be impacted by high water. Equipment
and livestock should be moved to higher ground.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 9:00 AM CDT Saturday the stage was 18.8 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage by
Monday evening, May 16, and continue falling to around 15.7
feet by Thursday, May 19.
- Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
Fld Observed Forecast 7 AM Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Sun Mon Tue Crest Time Date
Pocahontas 17.0 18.8 Sat 9 AM 18.1 17.4 16.8 FALLING