6/23/2022 5:56:00 AM until 6/23/2022 9:00:00 AM EXPIRED
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Please report observed flooding to local emergency services or law
enforcement and request they pass this information to the National
Weather Service when you can do so safely.
FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EDT THIS MORNING...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of central New York, including the following
counties, Delaware and Otsego.
* WHEN...Until 900 AM EDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 556 AM EDT, Doppler radar indicated moderate to heavy rain
over the past two hours. Minor flooding is ongoing or
expected to begin shortly in the advisory area. Between 1.5
and 2 inches of rain has fallen and an additional inch of
rain is possible this morning.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Oneonta, Hartwick, Otego, Milford, Franklin, Laurens, West
End, Emmons, Colliersville, Cooperstown Junction, East
Sidney, Sidney Center, New Lisbon, North Franklin, Gilbert
Lake State Park, Mt Vision, Robert V. Riddell State Park,
Portlandville, Wells Bridge and Index.