9/22/2022 9:08:00 PM until 9/23/2022 12:15:00 PM EXPIRED
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
The next statement will be issued Friday afternoon at 1215 PM EDT.
The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Florida...
Peace River At Zolfo Springs at SR 17 affecting Hardee County.
Horse Creek Near Arcadia at SR 72 affecting DeSoto County.
Cypress Creek At SR 54 Worthington Gardens affecting Pasco County.
Myakka River At Myakka River State Park affecting Sarasota County.
Peace River At Arcadia at SR 70 affecting DeSoto County.
Peace River At Bartow affecting Polk County.
.With the recent heavy rainfall, many rivers and streams remain in
minor to moderate flood. Drier conditions expected during the next
couple of days should help reduce river levels.
For the Cypress Creek...including SR 54 Worthington Gardens...Minor
flooding is forecast.
For the Myakka...including Myakka River State Park...Minor flooding
For the Peace...including Bartow, Zolfo Springs at SR 17, Arcadia at
SR 70...Moderate flooding is forecast.
For the Horse Creek...including Arcadia at SR 72...Minor flooding is
...FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...
* WHAT...Minor flooding is occurring and is forecast to continue.
* WHERE...Peace River At Bartow.
* WHEN...Until further notice.
* IMPACTS...At 8.0 feet, Private roads downstream flood.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 8:15 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 8.5 feet.
- Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours
ending at 8:15 PM EDT Thursday was 8.6 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to remain steady above flood
stage at 8.5 feet.
- Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
- Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of
8.5 feet on 09/24/1947.
Fld Observed Forecasts (8 pm EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue
Bartow 8.0 8.5 Thu 8 pm 8.4 8.3 8.1 8.0 7.8