10/3/2022 12:04:00 PM until 10/4/2022 12:15:00 AM EXPIRED
The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Florida...
Little Wekiva River near Altamonte Springs 2n affecting Seminole
.Historic rainfall from Hurricane Ian brought the Little Wekiva
River at Altamonte Springs to Major Flood Stage late last week and
over the weekend. The river crested at 31.09 ft early Thursday
morning and has now fallen to Moderate Flood Stage. Moderate
Flooding is currently forecast through Tuesday. The river is
forecast to fall to Minor Flood Stage into midweek as the basin
continues to drain.
For the Little Wekiva...including Altamonte Springs 2n...Moderate
flooding is forecast.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
The next statement will be issued tonight by 1100 PM EDT.
...FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...
* WHAT...Moderate flooding is occurring and forecast.
* WHERE...Little Wekiva River Altamonte Springs 2n.
* WHEN...Until further notice.
* IMPACTS...At 29.5 feet, Major flooding in the Spring Oaks
neighborhood, with rescues likely necessary. Roads impassible and
several inches of water in some homes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 11:30 AM EDT Monday the stage was 29.4 feet.
- Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours
ending at 11:30 AM EDT Monday was 29.7 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to fall to 28.6 feet
- Flood stage is 28.5 feet.
Fld Observed Forecasts (12 pm)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
Little Wekiva River
Altamonte Springs 2 28.5 29.4 Mon 11 am 29.0 28.6 MSG MSG MSG