3/12/2023 4:48:00 AM until 3/16/2023 11:00:00 AM EXPIRED
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
FLOOD WARNING FOR A DAM RELEASE NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM MST
* WHAT...Flooding caused by upstream dam release continues.
* WHERE...A portion of south central Arizona, including the
following county, Maricopa.
* WHEN...Until 200 PM MST Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of unbridged crossings across the Salt River
upstream of Tempe Town Lake is imminent or occurring.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 448 AM MST, an ongoing water release from Granite Reef Dam
is causing flooding in the warned area, impacting low water
crossings upstream of Tempe Town Lake. Impacts may extend
beyond the current expiration time.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Unbridged river crossings (such as McKellips Road) and gravel
pit operations along the Salt River between Granite Reef Dam
and Tempe Town Lake.