Claims Representative - Field
Location: North Platte, NE
Company: United Fire Group
crresume at unitedfiregroup dot com
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with 5 to 7 years of multi-line claims handling experience, with a strong background in commercial property adjusting to include proficiency with Xactimate estimating software. Candidates must possess strong human relation, analytical and negotiation skills. Industry designations such as AIC, CPCU, SCLA, CCLA or PCLA are preferred.
United Fire Group is currently seeking a Claims Representative to handle multi-line field claims in the western region of Nebraska. This individual will be responsible for investigating, evaluating and settling assigned property and casualty claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Review assignments to determine severity, coverage and appropriate action.
• Review and interpret policy coverage to determine whether the claim is payable under the policy, deductible, actual cash value or replacement cost.
• Conduct field investigation to include site inspection, diagram, photographs, interview and secure recorded statements of those possessing facts concerning the loss. Prepare damage estimates.
• Manage all administrative claim functions such as reserving, claim payments and file notes via electronic means and at times from remote locations.
• Prepare written investigative reports for the claim file to document all activity related to the loss.
• Negotiate with contractors or repair facilities regarding extent of damage and method of repair. Manage the salvage process.
• Maintain currency on NE case law and construction prices/methods/procedures.
• Foster and maintain relationships with independent agency force.
• Participate in company sponsored educational programs to develop and maintain knowledge of products, producers and industry trends.
• Participate in other projects or other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
United Fire Group has a policy to provide equal opportunity for all. We continue to take positive action to recruit, hire, train, transfer and promote persons in all job categories based on the individual’s ability to perform the job and without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or genetics.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their resume to Geoffrey Knoop at email@example.com or visit www.unitedfiregroup.com/careers to apply.