A KFC exploded in Eden during the night. At about 12:40 a.m. Thursday morning, police responded to the site at 125 N.C. 14. "Weve actually searched the building and no one is inside the building which is great," said Eden Police Chief Greg Light.
According to police, the blast left almost all neighboring businesses damaged. Chief Light said he felt the blast from two miles away.
Piedmont Natural Gas said a crew is on scene. Their first priority is to make sure first responders and people in the area are safe.
An employee told police that he was closing the restaurant last night when he and others smelled gas.