3/14/2023 3:01:00 PM until 3/15/2023 3:15:00 AM EXPIRED
Motorists should not attempt to drive around barricades or drive
cars through flooded areas.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Additional information is available at www.weather.gov.
The next statement will be issued tonight by 1100 PM PDT.
The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Pajaro River At Chittenden affecting Monterey, San Benito, Santa
Cruz and Santa Clara Counties.
...FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE...
* WHAT...In coordination with the Pajaro Regional Flood Management
Agency as well as Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties flooding is
expected below the official flood stage along the Monterey County
portion of the Pajaro River due to observed impacts from the
recent levee failures.
* WHERE...Pajaro River At Chittenden.
* WHEN...Until further notice.
* IMPACTS...At 27.5 feet, Water may begin seeping under muscle wall
along the Monterey County portion of the levees.
...At 28 feet, Levee along the Monterey County portion of the
Pajaro may overtop.
...At 29.5 feet, Parts of State Highway 129 between US Highway 101
and Watsonville will flood. The entire Pajaro River will have
moderate bank erosion and sediment deposition.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 2:30 PM PDT Tuesday the stage was 18.24 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to begin rising again this
evening in response to the rain and continued runoff. The
river is forecast to crest around 23.6 feet early Wednesday
- Flood stage is 32.0 feet.
- Flood History...No available flood history.