Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Manager!
This position plays a leadership role in establishing the processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective controls for areas of functional responsibilities. This position must have a long-term focus on continuous improvement, operational excellence and ongoing value to Assurant and its business segments. To be effective in this role, the manager must be an expert in functional areas as well as excelling at customer relations, problem resolution, process flow, and managing processes. This position is also responsible for the team(s)s preparation, processing, reporting, recordkeeping, and / or delivery of service. This position will be responsible for managing a team of associates and their workload which will fluctuate with area needs. Also responsible for managing employee relation issues.
- Manage the day-to-day general accounting for respective team(s) assigned. Ensures complete, accurate and timely deliverables in accordance with procedures, policy guidance and applicable regulations.
- Review of Intercompany billing, settlement and GL entries impacting the legal entities
- Facilitate, oversee and perform weekly/monthly/quarterly Payroll accounting tasks.
- Facilitate, oversee and perform Health & Welfare reporting and dash board
- Oversee and perform Fixed Assets (FA) accounting tasks
- Provide assistance with annual audit and reporting requirements for Payroll, Benefits and FA
- Support Source System Balancing tasks as required
- Maintain effective working relationship with the offshore team/resources
- Is considered a leader and/or technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met by internal and external resources.
- Plays a leadership role in the development and annual maintenance of effective workflow with all functional areas. This includes ensuring appropriate documentation; controls and performance, customer service and regulatory standards are understood and adhered to by internal staff and stakeholders.
- Is a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, responsible for monitoring performance and quality metrics, resolving issues and escalations
- Formulates, develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes. Will be required to approve work performed by the staff (example: journal entries, reconciliations, cash requisitions)
- Understands, promotes and documents an environment of effective controls within the department. Ensures all team members and service provider understand company and regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, MAR, record retention, audit, etc.) and are continually verifying all their actions and processes to support Assurants values.
Management Related Responsibilities
- Hires, develops, and evaluates staff members. Ensures that staff understands and supports their individual role and managements role in the corporate performance and development processes.
- Ensure job descriptions, annual performance process and individual development process are utilized to drive performance and behavior of the team
- Identify best practices and skill growth opportunities in functional areas to ensure effective ongoing training of staff.
- Effectively deal with all performance issues in a timely manner, partnering with Human Resources when needed.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in progressive general accounting
- 3 5 years supervisory experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including the application of related theory.
- Strong organizational abilities with a high level of written and interpersonal communications skills in order to communicate effectively with various levels of management and staff personnel.
- Successful track record working and building effective relationships in a multi-site, multi-function environment with the complexities of meeting the diverse needs of multiple business lines.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment, collaboration and teamwork, strategic agility, decision-making, building and leading teams.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Experience with software for accounting and financial operations and demonstrated experience on management and control of the processes and financial practices (i.e. SOX, MAR, audits)
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!