1. Promptly and effectively handles to conclusion all assigned claims with little to no direction and oversight. Makes decisions within delegated authority as outlined in company policies and procedures. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct consistent with the delivery of superior service.
2. Initiates and conducts follow-ups via proficient use of claims systems and related business systems.
3. Verifies and proper policy coverages and applies best claims practices to conclude assigned cases in accordance with company guidelines. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct while providing delivery of superior claims service.
4. Opens, closes and adjusts reserves in accordance with company practices designed to ensure reserve adequacy. Recommends Special Reserves where necessary. Establishes and authorizes adequate reserves and claims payments within the delegated authority.
5. Maintains current knowledge of: multiple insurance lines; court decisions; current guidelines in the claims function; and policy changes and modifications. May be required to maintain knowledge of other functions within MD discipline. This may require attendance at various seminars and/or training sessions.
6. Submits administrative reports as required.
7. Partners with SIU and Subrogation to identify fraud and subrogation opportunities. Assists or prepares files for suit, trial, or subrogation. (Property/MD/Casualty).
9. Delivers a positive On-Your-Side customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective Nationwide customers.
10. Other duties as assigned.