Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
- Works under General Direction.
- Does not manage others.
- Provides strategic thought leadership at a business unit level.
- Works with marketing and business partners to identify marketing program strategies and to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns aligned with specific business unit needs.
- Consults with senior marketing, business and partner(s) to develop, create and execute Business Unit marketing strategies.
- Accountable for content development based on key marketing strategy messaging.
- General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work.
- Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with business stakeholders, marketing strategy leads and Enterprise Marketing & Communications to identify and execute marketing/implementation strategies across the business; create and execute integrated campaigns and messages aligned with business unit goals.
- This includes active participation in all assigned business priorities, projects and key initiatives; ability to understand business strategy and translate to actionable marketing and execution plans.
- Representation on cross-function teams attending all implementation meetings as marketing team lead, providing strategic input on marketing and execution plans; develop and implement holistic, detailed rollout plans in support of these initiatives.
- This individual is responsible and on point for projects of various size and scope that cross business units.
- Act as strategic business partner and liaison with internal communications, coordinating efforts with for projects such as organizational announcements and other communications.
- In partnership with internal communications, develop and implement complex, well-thought out communications strategies to increase Bond & SI employee awareness and engagement.
- Ensure the content is current, meaningful, informative and engaging.
- Tactics to include emails, podcasts, videos, and other relevant materials.
- Consult and partner with strategic support units to align messaging and implementation strategies and develop joint, integrated implementation plans for projects of all sizes.
- In partnership with business units, product teams, strategic support units and key constituents across Bond & SI, work to develop and implement best practices to disseminate information to the field in consolidated, templated, consistent formats.
- Responsible for development of content - writing, editing and shepherding the material through the review and approval process for assigned projects.
- In partnership with unit head, field management partners, and senior leadership, assist with the development and execution of Bond & SI meetings including Leadership Meetings, Town Halls and engagement with MD and other field-related meetings.
- This includes project management responsibilities across all parties to ensure a seamless, well-produced user experience for Bond & SI leadership meetings.
- Coordinate with event management, administrative assistants, Enterprise Marketing and business leaders.
- Development of consistent themes, messaging, key talking points, presentation material and oversight of logistics and 'run of show.'
- Execute traditional tactics such as emails, webinars, newsletters, brochures, digital marketing, social media, video, etc. in partnership with Enterprise Marketing and Communication teams.
- Deliver integrated tactics for maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- In partnership with marketing leads, ownership for execution and advancements to the Marketing Resource Center.
- This includes working closely with the vendor, making continuous improvements based on field feedback and technology advancements.
- Advance the usage of the Marketing Resource Center through communications and conversations with the field and field/BU feedback; develop and execute a strategy for agent access to the Marketing Resource Center.
- Play a lead role for our digital properties in the development of Bond & SI and product related content; act as the author for Bond & SI content for digital properties including travelers.com, agent portal and customer portal.
- Work in close partnership with Enterprise Digital Marketing, Bond & SI eBusiness, Bond & SI Marketing strategy leads, and core business and product stakeholders.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy for Bond & SI in collaboration with marketing leads and communications to further advance the use of and our presence on social media; continued field activation of social media resources and engagement.
- Development of senior level PowerPoints for various external and internal conferences, including consultation, content development, and professionally produced presentations, adhering to Travelers brand standards; in partnership with legal, shepherd approval of conference materials.
- Partner with Enterprise Marketing & Communications to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of marketing and communications and recommend adjustments to both strategy and tactics as appropriate.
- Responsible for the coordination and development of Bond & SI Marketing Operating Review package on a semi-annual basis.
- Ensure that approval processes, templates, and brand guidelines are followed in the development of all materials.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in marketing related field. Minimum of 6 years of experience supporting the management of integrated campaigns. General knowledge of all facets of owned, earned and paid tactics. Thorough knowledge of content writing and tools. Thorough knowledge of multifunctional areas such as: digital execution, promotion, advertising, research, competitive analysis, communications, brand management, website management.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Typically 7+ years of experience in marketing generalist role.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- General knowledge of the Property Casualty insurance or related field.
- Experience in the Financial Services/Insurance Industry or 3rd Party Distribution model preferred.
- General knowledge of the business financial drivers, structure and operations.
- General Knowledge: Possesses sufficient knowledge to perform most work in normal situations.)
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong PowerPoint and Camtasia skills.
- Strong Communication & Consulting skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
10 Years of experience in a marketing/communications role
Property/Casualty Insurance experience
Operates standard office equipment (Frequently) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!