Excellence In Everything We Touch
Under general supervision of the team manager, this position is responsible for administering various clients Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) policy and performing various clerical duties to support the administration and operational functions of the unit.
- Assists associates with leave of absence requests and guides them through the process
- Processes all leave of absence paperwork according to established procedures and laws
- Provides timely and accurate responses to associates and all levels of management concerning day-to-day issues and activities
- Administer the FMLA policy
- Review FMLA documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Make recommendations to approve or deny requests for FMLA based on federal regulations.
- Conduct FMLA training for Department supervisors and employees
- Coordinates correspondence, forms and other documents via the claim system
- Generate reports as required
- Maintain files
- Assists management with leave of absence situations and provides guidance within the policy and established legal guidelines
- Keeps complete records of all LOA requests and maintains tracking and analysis of data
- Participates in developing goals, objectives, and systems. Maintains compliance with standards and federal/state regulations
- Serve as an internal reference to the team for certification requirements and processing
- Contact Providers for clarification
- Input and analyze data
- Support management with special projects as necessary
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years of FMLA claim administration or a related field
- Current knowledge of the integrated disability and absence management industry
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to manage difficult and stressful situations
- Strong communication skills written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
- Ability to manage business expectations and resolve concerns, by communicating status and issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues
- Ability to interpret and analyze multiple facts
- Must have a solid understanding of FMLA and employment
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!