Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Senior Auditor with previous experience in Audit, ideally within insurance, to join our internal audit team in London.
The mission of Corporate Audit is to:
* provide objective, independent, risk-based internal control evaluations throughout the company
* support the company's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance initiatives through timely and professional advisory services and objective evaluation of key controls
* provide our personnel with the opportunity to enhance their personal and career development at Travelers while striving to continuously improve our quality and proficiency.
As Senior Auditor you will have an integral role in accomplishing this mission.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Participates in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted accounting standards. Evaluates the effectiveness of CRSA.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and system and data integrity.
- Develop audit plans, programs and specific tests to evaluate control areas.
- Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- Performs regular business monitoring of several of Traveler's business functions, either one their own or with a manager, by maintaining an ongoing relationship with key members of business management, attending meetings, reviewing documentation.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of audit reports including recommendations for improvement.
- Works with the business in evaluating and strengthening their self-assessment programs.
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly monitoring reports that highlight any key developments.
- Assists in training and developing others in audit, risk assessment techniques, and accounting principles.
- Act as a lead reviewer on smaller, less complex audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- Experience as an auditor.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Understand the relationships between financial, technical and operational risks and controls as well as the insurance industry.
- Understand the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- Educated to 'A' level or degree standard preferred.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, on average.
- Professional qualification in accountancy, internal auditing, systems auditing, e.g., ACA, MIIA or CISA a plus.
- A good knowledge of the London property and casualty business, including working with Lloyd's preferred.
- Knowledge of risk assessment, accounting, and auditing principles preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Hold advanced skills with commonly used office software including: MS Office, email and the internet.
- Leadership Skills
- Think strategically and maintain a big-picture perspective.
- Maintain a no-surprises approach when communicating internally.
- Be receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement, embrace change.
- Professional Presence
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical standards in all work.
- Plan ahead and organize tasks, manage time well, be on time and be cost conscious.
- Display professional image (conduct, attire, etc).
- Use diplomacy in all interactions with customers.
- Take ownership of work, doing what is needed without being asked, follow through.
- Produce high quality work using standard electronic tools (TeamMate and EGRCM)
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Continuously develop skills and knowledge base through continuing education.
- Communication and Writing Skills
- Write and edit clear and concise work papers and reports.
- Articulate messages to customer base through formal and informal presentations.
- Build Relationships
- Build relationships with business unit peers and management, external auditors, peers in other departments and professional groups; develop a sensitivity to organizational change.
- Develop sensitivity to organizational change.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have mainta
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!