Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under limited supervision, the Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs. Must be able to bring together a diverse stakeholder group, drive consensus and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the solution delivery team while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies. Using knowledge of business goals, help translate strategies and initiatives into action plans with required deliverables The Senior Business Systems Analyst is able to independently transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains. This job typically acts as a Business Analyst lead on an Agile Train or may perform as a Product Owner across Scaled Agile Teams on medium to large sized initiatives. The Senior Business Systems Analyst provides direction, coaching and mentoring to less experienced analysts
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- This position is for BA leadership of requirements across Agile teams and/or performing as a Product Owner on a team, engagement in requirements elicitation, documentation, delivering on timelines, working with delivery and agile leads, analytic and communication skills, good work ethic with the ability to gain subject matter expertise, for example.
- Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives.
- Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
- Ensure the solution (people, process and technology) meets the program and/or project objectives and is aligned with business and IT strategic direction.
- Participate in the development of a compelling business case that measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Collaborate with project leads/ product managers to determine how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Provide support and mentoring to other analysts and team members to facilitate a better understanding of requirements techniques, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery.
- Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work with limited supervision; Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively identifies and manages requirements conflicts and issues to resolution.
- Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
- Manage requirement traceability and changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Measures and tracks quality of business analysis work.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements.
- Assist in defect resolution. Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Three years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent required High school diploma or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- 5 years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Business, MIS or other related field preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Analytical Thinking (Advanced): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Facilitation (Advanced): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Communication (Advanced): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Teamwork (Advanced): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Relationship Management (Advanced): Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Business Perspective (Advanced): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology (Intermediate): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Conflict Management (Intermediate): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Change Management / Resilience (Advanced): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Risk Taking (Advanced): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!