Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Claim Business Intelligence & Analytics organization is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. This position will focus on all aspects of Data Engineering, ranging from preparing data for predictive modeling, implementing predictive models within our models-as-a-service framework, acquiring and discovering new data sources and more.
This position will be a strong technical contributor role and the candidate will work with many different tools, technologies and platforms, including SQL, Python and Hadoop. Experience working with a cloud platform (i.e. AWS) is a plus, as is conceptual knowledge about predictive modeling. This role will not have direct reports immediately but will be look upon as Technical Leader within the team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to small team working with complex (type, quality, volume) and unfamiliar data. Perform complex data analysis, assessment, and design at an expert level.
- Lead investigation and resolution efforts for high impact data defects and problems.
- Ensure work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols. Identify gaps, escalating issue to manager.
- Develop and apply complex data derivations, business transformation rules, and data requirements.
- Collaborate with project team to identify, estimate, and prioritize project and/or enhancement activities.
- Create complex (technology and features) data visualizations techniques to help support data exploration.
- Partner with Information Technology to develop strategic data solutions including transformation logic, rules, tables, as well as business requirements, governance, and specifications.
- Manage the operationalizing and automation of more complex data (more systems, data sets and streams, size of data sets more substantial) products into business.
- Lead integration of analytic data products, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Occasionally present and translate complex information in relevant business terms.
5 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation required. 1 years of Leadership experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- College Degree in STEM related field.
- Strong experience with Python
- Advanced knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred. Examples (but not limited to): Big data and Cloud platforms.
- Strong experience with SQL, Spark, Hive, AWS.
- 6 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred.
- 3 years Technical Leadership experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex problems.
- Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before taking action.
- Often consulted by team members for problem resolution and guidance.
- Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives. Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to recognize and support team priorities.
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Accountable to set technical goals and priorities for self and other team members.
Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Sitting (Can stand at will) - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Continuously
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!