BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Sr. Property Claim Representative - Field Job Summary
SALARY RANGE: $64,222.00-$73,856.00-$83,489.00
LOCATION: Eastern Pennsylvania
Works within significant limits and authority on claim assignments of higher technical complexity and coordination. Determines coverage and investigates, analyzes, negotiates and settles claims typically requiring outside investigation while delivering quality customer service in a moderate to high volume, moderate complexity work environment.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Coverage/Investigation/Liability - Determines whether or not proper coverage exists for the type of claim assigned. Investigates thoroughly to obtain relevant facts concerning all aspects of the claim, such as coverage, liability, legal climate, potential exposure, and damages, and makes decisions, where appropriate, on claim resolution. Monitors ongoing case development for appropriateness.
2. Damages - Determines the value of the physical damage of property, automobiles, or injuries through physical inspections and use of appropriate tools. Obtains all necessary documentation to support claim evaluation. Recognizes claim file exposures and escalates appropriately.
3. Communication - Maintains effective and ongoing communications with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, other insurance companies, representatives, vendors, and company personnel.
4. Customer Service - Ensures customer service excellence. Responsible for the customer and agent experience associated with assigned claims.
5. Reserving/Reporting - In accordance with Westfields reserving philosophy, establishes and reviews proper reserves for each claim based upon thorough investigation, evaluation, and experience. Completes appropriate reports so that the current status of the claim is clearly documented at all times.
6. Negotiation/Settlement - Within decision making authority, negotiates timely and appropriate settlements with insureds, claimants, vendors, attorneys, and other insurance companies. Refers claims exceeding authority to appropriate leader or complex claims specialist with recommendations.
7. Leader Assistance - May assist and direct office staff at Unit Leader direction.
8. Coach/Mentor - May provide technical guidance and assistance to lower level associates and other functional areas.
9. Travel - Travels as often as needed including regular utilization of assigned fleet vehicle in order to cover assigned territory. This may involve traveling on short notice, storm duty, or other daily driving duties as assigned regardless of location.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Ability to handle property claims with exposure typically up to $75,000.
2. Five or more years equivalent claims adjusting/industry related experience.
3. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization.
4. Proficient use of various core systems, office and computer equipment and software packages.
5. Conflict resolution experience.
6. Holds (or has ability to obtain) and maintains appropriate adjuster licensing and certification(s) in assigned territories.
7. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
8. Ability to travel, including overnight business trips as needed.
9. Insurance industry designation such as AIC, SCLA, CPCU, etc.
10. Bachelors Degree or commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
Ability to travel as required.
Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
Ability to drive for extended periods of time, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
Ability to physically inspect damaged property and/or loss locations, including the following: ascend/descend a 24' ladder, carry 60 lbs. (ex. ladder weight), traverse a sloped roof surface, walk, kneel, crawl, navigate rough terrain and inspect property in low light circumstances.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.