You are a passionate Sr Software Engineer with good SharePoint experience - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options, but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities which one is truly going to allow you to shine? Assurant is looking for a Sr Software Engineer to work with the Corporate application development and support team. This position will involve new development around the various company systems and processes.
The Sr Software Engineer analyzes User Stories, Tasks, Bugs and Designs, Codes, Tests, implements and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of moderate to high complexity.
Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk.
- Gather, organize and document data and requirements from various stakeholders and constituencies according to given direction and standards
- Participate in design consultations with hardware and software technicians
- Develop, document and present design solutions and supporting rationale
- Prepare and obtain approval of estimates of work effort and duration for assigned tasks
- Participate in the preparation of product vision and project documentation
Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements.
- Identify and recommend software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Identify and recommend solution objects, functions, interfaces, dependencies, and integration points
- Collaborate on designs directly with Stakeholders
- Coordinate basic specifications into equivalent infrastructure and application structures
- Code and unit test independently or as part of a development team
- Submit software products for review of compliance with best practices, security scans, standards and enterprise architecture (code review)
Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives.
- Review established quality requirements and measurement metrics
- Participate in quality assurance and testing activities according to planned schedules
- Perform technical support activities required for execution of test plans
- Perform root cause analysis and defect correction as indicated by test results
- Evaluate outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
- Adhere to Assurant change management requirements for application and system implementations
- Analyze conditions, consult with experienced personnel and propose strategies that minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance
- Prepare change and Help Desk documentation according to implementation requirements
- Provide for disaster recovery and back-out mechanisms as directed
- Perform software implementation activities as directed and according to current standards and policies
- Monitor implementations and respond appropriately and as directed in the event of disruptive impacts
Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant
- Periodically review business goals and operational and strategic objectives
- Learn the key components and relationships of Assurant products, distribution channels, and customer base
- Create and sustain open communication with business application users and stakeholders
- Adhere to the Assurant Core Principles; pursue achievement of excellence in Core Competencies
Know the critical success factors supporting the Assurant Core Purpose, Mission, Goals and Strategy
- Participation in on-call services for production and critical test applications is required. Including evenings and weekend.
- SharePoint development experience including 2010, 2013 and 2016 Workflows
- Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Understanding of Object Oriented and Test-Driven development
- C# .NET development experience
- Oracle & SQL Server database experience
- Scrum Methodology experience
Completion of Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience in related field.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Requires the ability to actively contribute to developmental processes both independently and within collaborative group settings.
- Requires the ability to act as a technical resource to department personnel and other members of the organization to address and resolve inquiries and/or problems related to assigned job functions.
- Requires an understanding of business/operational goals and the ability to create implementations that successfully integrate into company operations.
- Requires the ability to demonstrate broad experience across computing platforms, languages, and utilities and effectively apply cross-discipline principles in design solutions.
- Requires the ability to analyze issues, deal with ambiguity, and make sound, timely decisions with less than complete information.
- This position contributes to organizational success by providing quality mainframe and/or distributed system software products consistent with defined business requirements and technical specifications as developed independently and in collaboration with other personnel.
- In a team setting, the position will generally hold a technical leadership role. Additionally, the position is expected to provide mentoring support to less experienced personnel.
- For highly complex assignments, work activities may be coordinated and directed by more senior personnel but technical assignments will generally be accomplished independently, based on demonstrated achievement in required skill areas. Tasks may involve the delivery of work products for either the mainframe or distributed application environments, or both, depending on area(s) of technical specialty.
- The job incumbent must perform duties under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume, office work environment.
- Active advancement toward one or more job-centric industry certifications
- Knowledge of project management best practice processes and technique
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!