Billings mayor: home blast caused by natural gas explosion

 Thursday, June 9, 2011

 ktvq.com

A house explosion in west Billings Wednesday morning, totally destroyed one home and extensively damaged at least three others. Billings Police Chief Rich St. John said the explosion occurred at a home at 1409 Granite Ave around 11am Wednesday. St. John said no one was injured and no one is unaccounted for. Police did evacuate a two block area surrounding the explosion site, and St. John said conducted a home by home sweep of the area alerting residents to the situation. Billings Mayor Tom Hanel said the explosion was caused by a natural gas leak and explosion. Hanel said he could not comment on rumors that the explosion may have been caused by a rock falling off the rimrocks.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES