High CO Levels Found In Post Office; 17 Report Illness

 Friday, September 2, 2011

 TheBostonChannel.com

Seventeen workers became ill at the Exeter Post Office on Thursday morning after a contractor removing asbestos caused elevated levels of carbon monoxide inside the building, fire official said. Employees initially reported a strange smell and the building was evacuated as a precaution. After employees were allowed to enter the building again, one of the employees called the fire department, according to a post office spokesman. Firefighters arrived and found high carbon monoxide levels in the building.
Workers' Compensation
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES