Rhode Island Family Has Nothing Left After Devastating Fire

 Wednesday, November 26, 2014

 WJAR

The state fire marshal said Monday that a malfunctioning extension cord on a back porch caused a fire that destroyed a house in South Kingstown. The fire lit up the sky at about 1:30 a.m. and sent a family scrambling for safety. "I grabbed my cell phone thinking I have to call 911. It was charging, and I just came out the door screaming, ’Help! Call 911!" homeowner Kim Jones said. The house was on Plain Roads. "I heard Miss Jones screaming, ’Somebody help me! Somebody help me!’ I came outside. The house was all on fire. First thing I think of is the kids," said Matthew Briggs, a neighbor.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES