Unattended Grill Starts Apartment Complex Fire

 Tuesday, May 26, 2015

 KMOV

A Sunday afternoon barbecue led to a fire at an apartment complex in Belleville. Up to eight families were forced up out of their homes after two apartments were destroyed and six were damaged in the complex off of Carlyle Road. "It apparently started on the second floor," said Assistant Chief Lyn Mueller of the East Side Fire Protection District. "We got several people off the balconies on ladders, made sure the building was clear and have been attacking the fire ever since."
Investigators said the fire began when a barbecue grill was left unattended.
Property
BROWSE RELATED NEWS ARTICLES